I found it worth to watch the whole 30 mins of this video. Great app and these guys really get the platform and its potential. Bit of an impedance mismatch between 955 Dreams and Scoble, but even that’s funny to watch.
Tonight we saw a great band, the Sammy Daussat Trio, at l’Atelier Charonne in the 11th, playing in the tradition of Jazz Manouche, ie, a la Django Reinhardt. Here’s a little clip.
I’ve seen a fair few guys playing in the Django style over the years and this guy was easily the best, he must have played hundreds of chords, ravishing the fretboard, a cacophony of notes, spellbinding stuff.
Unfortunately the clip I got he holds the same chord for 16 bars or so, so check out Youtube for some more interesting examples.
- We Love Datavis – A History Of The Beatles As Told By Their Hair –
- We Love Datavis – Why You Should Stop Drinking Bottled Water – I'm actually a strong supporter of this cause
- FTSE 100 – A 26 Year History on Datavisualization.ch –
- We Love Datavis – Top Secret America – the results of a two year… –
- We Love Datavis – The FreshBooks Economy –
- We Love Datavis – A documentation of a single iTunes playlist I’ve… –
- Dancing Makes You Smarter –
- The cost of 14 million iPhones – Apple 2.0 – Fortune Tech – Very interesting financial analysis of what's going on behind the curtain at Apple
The Limonaire is a small resto/cafe/music venue in the 12th that attracts a singer/songwriter type of crowd and has a great atmosphere. When we were there the theme was trucs de la Manche, here’s a little taste.
And after much research we found the definitive music resource in Paris, parisjazzclub.net
Location:Square Georges Contenot,Paris,France